Sunday, November 18, 2012

She Looks to the Sky.

Abba, I belong to you.


A friend sent me a song a few nights ago and said, "I felt like I needed to send this to you tonight."
The lyrics explained how I have felt these past weeks & months.
Choosing to be content in what my God speaks over me. Choosing to rest in His love, His embrace.
Singing my song to Him even when I quake. Listening to His voice. 
Waiting for my King to sweep me away.
---

They say she is loved by the greatest of all
Who have walked in the world
He lives far away, still she spends all her days
Content with only His words
She often walks alone, but never is she lonely
You can offer her anything
Her affections are all for Him only
She looks to the sky
As if He is coming down through the clouds up above
Though no one has seen Him you cannot deny
She is drenched with His love
She often walks alone, but never is she lonely
You can offer her anything
Her affections are all for Him only
All the day long she sings sweetly
She says He speaks to her mind
She’s only rich with affliction
Yet a bitter word you won’t find
She lives with assurance He loves her too deeply
To let such distance remain
She’s brimming with longing for Him to come calling
And sweep her away

She Looks to the Sky (Sherri Youngward)

No comments:

Post a Comment