Sunday, December 30, 2012

Back to Africa.






Because of your financial support and prayer, I had the amazing opportunity to spend the first four months of this year living in Kenya: working in schools, hospitals, and churches all over the country. Words cannot describe what an incredible, life changing experience it was. My eyes were opened not just to poverty and a new culture, but also to just how mighty our God is and what an identity founded in Him looks like. Upon returning home, I felt called to go back on the missions field, but this time I knew that it was my time to lead my generation into experiencing a new culture and to discovering more about the Lord.
So, on January 11th, I am embarking on another journey, this time in a leadership position. For the next four months, my co-leader and I will be leading a group of nine young women through Malawi, Uganda, and Tanzania! I am so passionate about my generation rising up to bring His kingdom to earth  and I cannot wait to empower and encourage these girls to seek after the Lord and bring His hope and truth to these three countries. 

I would greatly appreciate your prayers at this time. For wisdom for my co-leader and I to lead in a way that is honoring to the Lord; for safety; for peace for me and my family while I am away; and for the Lord’s will to be done in these countries, in the lives of my team, and in the lives of the people we encounter everyday. Pray for the joy and light of the Lord to radiate in everything we do! If there is one thing the Lord taught me this year, it is the power of prayer! 

I strongly believe that the Lord is going to do some mighty things. This is my generation’s time to rise up and fight for the Lord and His word, and I am beyond blessed and so excited to be apart of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment