Saturday, November 1, 2014

& back again

The past few years have been such a wild adventure. Because of your prayer and support I was able to travel to Kenya in 2012 where I was able to work in schools, hospitals, and churches all over the country. Words cannot describe what an incredible, life-changing experience it was. My eyes were opened not just to poverty and a new culture, but also to how mighty our God is and what an identity founded in Him looks like. Upon returning home, I felt called to go back on the mission field - but this time I knew that it was my time to lead my generation into experiencing a new culture and to discovering more about the Lord. I had the incredible opportunity to lead eight beautiful women through Malawi, Uganda, and Tanzania. It was such a blessing to be a part of their journey and to see the Lord transform their lives.
The thing that has touched me the most these past few years is the journey each of these trips has been: I struggled, rejoiced, released the old, and grew into the new. I am so passionate about my generation rising up to bring His kingdom to earth while discovering what a life led by His Spirit looks like.
This year, I have the beautiful opportunity to continue to be a part of that. This September, I will lead forty-one amazing 18-22 year olds on their journey with the Lord overseas as they discover His power and grace. I will be spending nine months traveling through Guatemala, Thailand, and Zambia guiding, empowering, and encouraging these men and women to seek after the Lord and bring His hope and truth to these three countries. 
I would first like to ask for your prayers. This trip is unlike any I have gone on before; I am very excited for the challenge and the new adventure, but would appreciate your prayers for strength and wisdom! Wisdom for my two co-leaders and I to lead in a way that is honoring to the Lord; for safety; for peace for me and my family while I am away; and for the Lord’s will to be done in these countries, in the lives of my team, and in the lives of the people we encounter everyday. Pray for the joy and light of the Lord to radiate in everything we do!
In addition to prayer, if you would like to support me on this journey, you can click the "Support Me" link on the left hand side of this blog.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support over the years, it has changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment